independent and unofficial
Prince fan community
Forum jump
Forums > Associated artists & people > Shiela E was Obsessed with having Prince's babies
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 05/09/20 5:04pm

TOMEEBOY

Shiela E was Obsessed with having Prince's babies

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 05/09/20 5:45pm

TrivialPursuit

avatar

I'm not really surprised by any info in the article. Even if only half of it is true, then it's 50% more than some folks knew.

They were right with the Game of Thrones reference, and Sheila swooping in after he died. She tweeted in 2011 (twice) that she was done with working with Prince. Apollonia's claims seem to back that up that he wasn't in contact w/ her the last few years he was alive.

Here's her tweet: https://twitter.com/Sheil...4837397504

Here's the one from the night before, which looks like she was canceled on two shows at The Forum in LA: https://twitter.com/Sheil...4264251392

It also seems unlikely that she "shut down" the idea of a hologram in 2018. Like - what clout did she have by that point to do anything on behalf of the estate, over two years after he died?

I sorta believe the obsession thing. She certainly seemed to keep coming around, and Tamar has no reason to lie. Sheila's history would be in jeopardy if she was caught lying, having spent all this time around Prince. Tamar's investment is shorter and her stakes are different. She ain't booking cruises or trying to jack his trademark as her own.

Just when U think U've got more than enough, that's when it all up and flies away.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 05/09/20 7:25pm

ufoclub

avatar

What did Tamar say? oh nevermind, i read it.

[Edited 5/9/20 19:33pm]

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 05/09/20 9:50pm

GaryMF

avatar

That article is a joke.

.

.

They spelled Wendy's last name wrong.

.

.

Prince didn't "tire" of Vanity, she quit before Purple Rain due to he low pay.

.

.

Tamar was never one of his love interests. And why the fuck would she be invited to a Prince tribute? She was "with" him for maybe a year....... No one remembers or cares (and I saw them live in NYC, but c'mon..... her tenure barely registered).

rainbow
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 05/10/20 5:24am

Ottensen

Oh lawd, here we go. doh!...
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 05/10/20 7:19am

HrdwcH

avatar

rolleyes

I'm sure hundreds, pro'bly even thousands of women were obsessed with having his babies.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 05/10/20 10:24am

TrivialPursuit

avatar

HrdwcH said:

rolleyes

I'm sure hundreds, pro'bly even thousands of women were obsessed with having his babies.


Now that's the truth.

Just when U think U've got more than enough, that's when it all up and flies away.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 05/11/20 9:00am

leecaldon

GaryMF said:

That article is a joke.

.

.

They spelled Wendy's last name wrong.

.

.

Prince didn't "tire" of Vanity, she quit before Purple Rain due to he low pay.

.

.

Tamar was never one of his love interests. And why the fuck would she be invited to a Prince tribute? She was "with" him for maybe a year....... No one remembers or cares (and I saw them live in NYC, but c'mon..... her tenure barely registered).

I think that's the only time Prince has gone on tour as a band member and not the frontman. That's pretty significant. And she made a couple of big TV apperances with him where she was singing lead for a song.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 05/11/20 9:01am

leecaldon

TrivialPursuit said:

I'm not really surprised by any info in the article. Even if only half of it is true, then it's 50% more than some folks knew.

They were right with the Game of Thrones reference, and Sheila swooping in after he died. She tweeted in 2011 (twice) that she was done with working with Prince. Apollonia's claims seem to back that up that he wasn't in contact w/ her the last few years he was alive.

Here's her tweet: https://twitter.com/Sheil...4837397504

Here's the one from the night before, which looks like she was canceled on two shows at The Forum in LA: https://twitter.com/Sheil...4264251392

It also seems unlikely that she "shut down" the idea of a hologram in 2018. Like - what clout did she have by that point to do anything on behalf of the estate, over two years after he died?

I sorta believe the obsession thing. She certainly seemed to keep coming around, and Tamar has no reason to lie. Sheila's history would be in jeopardy if she was caught lying, having spent all this time around Prince. Tamar's investment is shorter and her stakes are different. She ain't booking cruises or trying to jack his trademark as her own.

This could be interpreted that she's not performing with him anymore for those shows.

I think probably not, as she had already tweeted that specifically, but it's possible.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 05/11/20 9:19am

rednblue

Life often gives humans some cruel returns on vigorous attempts to control things. Not judging, 'cause that's for sure been true for me at times.

No matter how hard humans try to control people/things...no matter how successful a person might be at attaining certain periods/sorts of control...most all humans can't control things as much as they wish.

Sometimes life is especially punishing to those who try hardest to control the most.

Seems that in the end, both Prince and Sheila E may have suffered a lot of hurt in this way.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 05/11/20 9:21am

GaryMF

avatar

Y'all are tripping. That article is basically a gossip column and a poorly researched one at that.

.

.

Tamar, despite her talents, was but a footnote in the history of Prince. The idea that she woudl be invited to the Tribute is a joke. Why not Tony M? One coudl argue he was there longer and did more.

.

Plus the comments are so childish and triflin'.

.

Please. rolleyes

[Edited 5/11/20 9:21am]

rainbow
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 05/11/20 9:28am

rednblue

GaryMF said:

Y'all are tripping. That article is basically a gossip column and a poorly researched one at that.

.

.

Tamar, despite her talents, was but a footnote in the history of Prince. The idea that she woudl be invited to the Tribute is a joke. Why not Tony M? One coudl argue he was there longer and did more.

.

Plus the comments are so childish and triflin'.

.

Please. rolleyes

[Edited 5/11/20 9:21am]


I'm just thinking about how things like creative endeavors (creative works are sometimes described as people's "babies") and people falling in love with one another (which did happen in the purple camp) can bring both a lot of joy and a lot of hurt.

Things like creating art, and falling in love, are things that people often care about a lot. Things that deeply touch people's hearts and minds.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 05/11/20 11:14am

TrivialPursuit

avatar

leecaldon said:

TrivialPursuit said:

Here's her tweet: https://twitter.com/Sheil...4837397504

This could be interpreted that she's not performing with him anymore for those shows.

I think probably not, as she had already tweeted that specifically, but it's possible.


Well, it's also possible I'm going to win Powerball, but it's unlikely. hahaha

Yeah, at the time perhaps it seemed possible. But she didn't perform with Prince anymore after that, at all. It certainly backs up Apollonia's timeline.

Also, the tour ended May 29, 2011 at the Forum in L.A.

Sheila's tweet was just after midnight May 30 (east coast time, so around 9pm L.A. time, which was probaby the start of the show or into the show). And she did say "...anymore," not just "tonight" as her previous tweet did. One seems to lead into the other. I feel like that second definitive tweet was an answer to people asking her "when will you be back playing with Prince again?" She put a period on it.

Whatever went down, it was final. It had to be big because for Prince to totally drop someone like Sheila E., of all people... let's be the fly on that big tall wall!

Just when U think U've got more than enough, that's when it all up and flies away.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #13 posted 05/11/20 1:45pm

leecaldon

TrivialPursuit said:

leecaldon said:

This could be interpreted that she's not performing with him anymore for those shows.

I think probably not, as she had already tweeted that specifically, but it's possible.


Well, it's also possible I'm going to win Powerball, but it's unlikely. hahaha

Yeah, at the time perhaps it seemed possible. But she didn't perform with Prince anymore after that, at all. It certainly backs up Apollonia's timeline.

Also, the tour ended May 29, 2011 at the Forum in L.A.

Sheila's tweet was just after midnight May 30 (east coast time, so around 9pm L.A. time, which was probaby the start of the show or into the show). And she did say "...anymore," not just "tonight" as her previous tweet did. One seems to lead into the other. I feel like that second definitive tweet was an answer to people asking her "when will you be back playing with Prince again?" She put a period on it.

Whatever went down, it was final. It had to be big because for Prince to totally drop someone like Sheila E., of all people... let's be the fly on that big tall wall!

There's a story to be told there.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #14 posted 05/11/20 4:03pm

Wowugotit

TrivialPursuit said:

leecaldon said:

This could be interpreted that she's not performing with him anymore for those shows.

I think probably not, as she had already tweeted that specifically, but it's possible.


Well, it's also possible I'm going to win Powerball, but it's unlikely. hahaha

Yeah, at the time perhaps it seemed possible. But she didn't perform with Prince anymore after that, at all. It certainly backs up Apollonia's timeline.

Also, the tour ended May 29, 2011 at the Forum in L.A.

Sheila's tweet was just after midnight May 30 (east coast time, so around 9pm L.A. time, which was probaby the start of the show or into the show). And she did say "...anymore," not just "tonight" as her previous tweet did. One seems to lead into the other. I feel like that second definitive tweet was an answer to people asking her "when will you be back playing with Prince again?" She put a period on it.

Whatever went down, it was final. It had to be big because for Prince to totally drop someone like Sheila E., of all people... let's be the fly on that big tall wall!

I agree 100!

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #15 posted 05/11/20 9:04pm

rednblue

TrivialPursuit said:

leecaldon said:

This could be interpreted that she's not performing with him anymore for those shows.

I think probably not, as she had already tweeted that specifically, but it's possible.


Well, it's also possible I'm going to win Powerball, but it's unlikely. hahaha

Yeah, at the time perhaps it seemed possible. But she didn't perform with Prince anymore after that, at all. It certainly backs up Apollonia's timeline.

Also, the tour ended May 29, 2011 at the Forum in L.A.

Sheila's tweet was just after midnight May 30 (east coast time, so around 9pm L.A. time, which was probaby the start of the show or into the show). And she did say "...anymore," not just "tonight" as her previous tweet did. One seems to lead into the other. I feel like that second definitive tweet was an answer to people asking her "when will you be back playing with Prince again?" She put a period on it.

Whatever went down, it was final. It had to be big because for Prince to totally drop someone like Sheila E., of all people... let's be the fly on that big tall wall!


Prince's reactions could be pretty wild.

One example is that his fanbase/audience was so important to him that he despaired at being blocked from releasing music that he wanted to release. That's how badly he wanted his audience to hear that music.

But he still granted plenty of cease and desist orders to people who were clearly among his biggest fans.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #16 posted 05/11/20 9:17pm

TrivialPursuit

avatar

rednblue said:

TrivialPursuit said:

Whatever went down, it was final. It had to be big because for Prince to totally drop someone like Sheila E., of all people... let's be the fly on that big tall wall!


Prince's reactions could be pretty wild.

But he still granted plenty of cease and desist orders to people who were clearly among his biggest fans.


Cease and desist orders aren't lawful or enforceable. It's more of a "stop or else" threat. One can easily ignore a cease and desist and still not break the law. It's not a legal document, it's just a warning by a company or their lawyers. Hell, a notarized will done on LegalZoom.com is more enforceable than some "stop it, we're mad" letter.

The truth is that while Prince's reactions were wild, we're finding out more truths. I had always had the impression - from whatever source - that Prince never talked to Apollonia. But now we know they had a great friendship, it just wasn't necessary to put it on display (at least until "This Could B Us"). We know that he likely didn't talk to Sheila at all in the last years of his life. He even talked to St. Paul (the 'punk of the month') after his leaving, but Sheila E is out? That's steep terrain, IMO.

We hear all these great stories about this person or that visiting him at Paisley just to say hi, or backstage at a show (like Wendy & her child), and heartwarming interactions. He's still human, and while "the past is the past," clearly that wasn't 100%. Because he was friendly with Brownmark, especially since they were both JW. Bobby and he still had a good relationship. The list goes on.

But to drop Sheila's ass - welp, like Leecalon said - there's a story to be told there.

Just when U think U've got more than enough, that's when it all up and flies away.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #17 posted 05/11/20 10:02pm

rednblue

TrivialPursuit said:

rednblue said:


Prince's reactions could be pretty wild.

But he still granted plenty of cease and desist orders to people who were clearly among his biggest fans.


Cease and desist orders aren't lawful or enforceable. It's more of a "stop or else" threat. One can easily ignore a cease and desist and still not break the law. It's not a legal document, it's just a warning by a company or their lawyers. Hell, a notarized will done on LegalZoom.com is more enforceable than some "stop it, we're mad" letter.

The truth is that while Prince's reactions were wild, we're finding out more truths. I had always had the impression - from whatever source - that Prince never talked to Apollonia. But now we know they had a great friendship, it just wasn't necessary to put it on display (at least until "This Could B Us"). We know that he likely didn't talk to Sheila at all in the last years of his life. He even talked to St. Paul (the 'punk of the month') after his leaving, but Sheila E is out? That's steep terrain, IMO.

We hear all these great stories about this person or that visiting him at Paisley just to say hi, or backstage at a show (like Wendy & her child), and heartwarming interactions. He's still human, and while "the past is the past," clearly that wasn't 100%. Because he was friendly with Brownmark, especially since they were both JW. Bobby and he still had a good relationship. The list goes on.

But to drop Sheila's ass - welp, like Leecalon said - there's a story to be told there.


I thought of the cease and desist orders in part because people keep commenting that he was sending them to Sheila.

But you make a really good point about cease and desist and bark vs. bite. I think maybe I'm a little overhurt about the cease and desists to superfans and "general public" lovers of his music, because I'm one of those, gosh dang it!

Prince himself commented on his striking tendency to turn away from people and "not look back." Prince had big breaks with some key people (Andre comes to mind) in his life. But as I understand it, he did reconnect with many, sometimes after a long time. I also understand that he was doing more of this in his last years. Read a few accounts that were really heartwarming.

I think you and Lee Caldon are right that something(s) big was involved, and I love your description of what it would be like to be privy: the "fly on the Big Tall Wall." biggrin

By the way, thanks for your article and thread on ATWIAD. It was really fun to read! Amidst all this bittersweet stuff, that great music and artwork (with Sheila E., maybe Prince? smile , and all the others featured on the cover) brings happy thoughts.


 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #18 posted 05/11/20 10:43pm

TrivialPursuit

avatar

rednblue said:

By the way, thanks for your article and thread on ATWIAD. It was really fun to read! Amidst all this bittersweet stuff, that great music and artwork (with Sheila E., maybe Prince? smile , and all the others featured on the cover) brings happy thoughts.



Thanks for reading both!

Just when U think U've got more than enough, that's when it all up and flies away.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #19 posted 05/12/20 12:57pm

GaryMF

avatar

TrivialPursuit said:


But to drop Sheila's ass - welp, like Leecalon said - there's a story to be told there.

Who said he dropper her??

.

.

The story is she was mad that he cancelled the E Family at the ast minute for Larry Graham. Maybe she was like "F this, I'm not going to play with him anymore"

rainbow
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #20 posted 05/12/20 1:14pm

onlyforaminute

We all know there's more to the story but it'll never be told so i guess we'll rely on the best storytellers to fill in the gaps.
If you carry the egg basket do not dance.

Do good, then throw it into the sea.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #21 posted 05/12/20 2:10pm

rednblue

GaryMF said:

TrivialPursuit said:

But to drop Sheila's ass - welp, like Leecalon said - there's a story to be told there.

Who said he dropper her??

.

.

The story is she was mad that he cancelled the E Family at the ast minute for Larry Graham. Maybe she was like "F this, I'm not going to play with him anymore"


Yeah. I could see something like that making a person draw a line for a long time, if not for good. Morris Day wrote about how (understandably) angry he was to have been thrown off a bill at the last minute.

In the incident Sheila described, disrespect was thrown not only at Sheila herself, but at her family.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #22 posted 05/13/20 3:12am

leecaldon

Prince gave a shout out to Sheila at a show in 2014.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #23 posted 05/15/20 7:26am

ISaidLifeIsJus
tAGame

avatar

I thought Sheila said P reached out to her to ask for her drums to add to his museum?

Apples had a long friendship with P? So much so that when he tried to give her $10,000 before he passed she thought it was a hoax? Hmmmm

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #24 posted 05/15/20 1:15pm

SoulAlive

rednblue said:

GaryMF said:

The story is she was mad that he cancelled the E Family at the last minute for Larry Graham. Maybe she was like "F this, I'm not going to play with him anymore"


Yeah. I could see something like that making a person draw a line for a long time, if not for good. Morris Day wrote about how (understandably) angry he was to have been thrown off a bill at the last minute.

In the incident Sheila described, disrespect was thrown not only at Sheila herself, but at her family.

and to make matters worse,it was one of the Bay Area shows,if I'm not mistaken.Sheila and her family are from there.She was pissed.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #25 posted 05/15/20 2:04pm

GaryMF

avatar

SoulAlive said:

rednblue said:


Yeah. I could see something like that making a person draw a line for a long time, if not for good. Morris Day wrote about how (understandably) angry he was to have been thrown off a bill at the last minute.

In the incident Sheila described, disrespect was thrown not only at Sheila herself, but at her family.

and to make matters worse,it was one of the Bay Area shows,if I'm not mistaken.Sheila and her family are from there.She was pissed.

I think it was LA. wherever it was, they had to travel I think and that was part of the issue that they had laid out all this $ to get there and then he cancelled.

rainbow
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #26 posted 05/16/20 8:23am

leecaldon

ISaidLifeIsJustAGame said:

I thought Sheila said P reached out to her to ask for her drums to add to his museum?

Apples had a long friendship with P? So much so that when he tried to give her $10,000 before he passed she thought it was a hoax? Hmmmm

I thought it was another member of Apollonia 6 who thought it was a hoax?

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #27 posted 05/17/20 8:46am

ISaidLifeIsJus
tAGame

avatar

leecaldon said:

ISaidLifeIsJustAGame said:

I thought Sheila said P reached out to her to ask for her drums to add to his museum?

Apples had a long friendship with P? So much so that when he tried to give her $10,000 before he passed she thought it was a hoax? Hmmmm

I thought it was another member of Apollonia 6 who thought it was a hoax?



The investigative file showed Susan and Brenda received their money, and Apples didnt because she thought it was from a scammer.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #28 posted 05/18/20 1:19am

leecaldon

ISaidLifeIsJustAGame said:

leecaldon said:

I thought it was another member of Apollonia 6 who thought it was a hoax?



The investigative file showed Susan and Brenda received their money, and Apples didnt because she thought it was from a scammer.

Thanks for the info.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Associated artists & people > Shiela E was Obsessed with having Prince's babies