independent and unofficial
Prince fan community
Forum jump
Forums > Prince: Music and More > The Last Moment Prince Was Great And Mattered
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 3 of 3 <123
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Reply #60 posted 06/29/16 3:46pm

laytonian

rogifan said:

Nothing to see here but some bad trolling...


^^^^^ THIS

Welcome to "the org", laytonian… come bathe with me.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #61 posted 06/29/16 3:52pm

laurarichardso
n

Cloreen said:

.



.


.


Yup, folks, Prince's ass-cheeks outfit at the MTV Video Music Awards show was the last time Prince was great and mattered at all to the public. Sad thing it was way back in 1991. Last time Prince did something that mattered to the public was 25 years ago.


--- How about 2004, Q2 2006, Super Bowl, LA Forum, Atlanta and Oakland 2016. Anyone who paid money to go to those shows thought he was great anyone who did not wishes they had gone.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #62 posted 06/29/16 3:54pm

laurarichardso
n

Cloreen said:



stringerbell said:


.


2007 - Super Bowl


.



.


.


No, no, no. I knew some of you would mention the Super Bowl, but let's be honest, EVERYBODY who plays the Super Bowl is talked about the next few days. My God, a dancer wearing a goofy shark costume was the talk of the nation after Katy Perry did the Super Bowl. Prince talk after the Super Bowl was just par for the course with that gig.


.


No, the last time there was buzz and talk about Prince was because of those ass pants. Twenty-five years ago. Nothing since then.



.




-- What is like to get on the Internet and troll with nonsense. Your opinion is your opinion but millions disagree.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #63 posted 06/29/16 3:55pm

purplethunder3
121

avatar

Somebody has too muh time on their hands and not enough to do. razz

"Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything." --Plato
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #64 posted 06/29/16 4:00pm

BillieBalloon

SPYZFAN1 said:

"trollin'...trollin'....we have fun just trollin'...rockin'...rollin'..oh yeah".



Haha!
Baby, you're a star.

Meet me in another world, space and joy
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #65 posted 06/29/16 4:07pm

cindyt

Cloreen said:

RenaRF said:

Or, you're just a troll.

.

No, I am a fan of Prince who actually says things other than, "'If I Was Your Girlfriend' is great."

.

I bring reality here. Yes, "Mountains" was Prince's last great song. Yes, those ass cheek pants was the last time Prince mattered to the public. Yes, Prince was a fool for removing himself from youtube and for releasing download only albums. Yes, "Hypno Paradise" is one of Prince's top ten greatest songs of all time. Yes, the album "Come" is better than the album "Sign O' The Times."

.

I am a real Prince fan. Probably the only one here. I speak truth. Unafraid to say things that may be deemed unpopular. For that I am labelled a troll? OK, from now on I will only post, "'If I Was Your Girlfriend' is a masterpiece." Is that what you all want here. Uniformity? All think alike? God, if that is so, then you sure learned nothing from Prince and his music.

.

.

[Edited 6/29/16 13:50pm]

I don't like anything he did before and during the "ass-pants" era.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #66 posted 06/29/16 4:12pm

ForeverPaisley

ForeverPaisley said:

terrig said:

Musicology mattered ALOT

2004 - Prince's Musicology tour took second place honors with a gross of $90.2 million

yeahthat It also won a Grammy or two - so it definitely mattered, plus won the tour of the year. He won A grammy in 2008 and was again nominated in 2010 as well, so what the subject line should read is 'the last moment Prince was great and mattered TO YOU' as in Cloreen. Because the rest of us GET it.

[Edited 6/29/16 15:40pm]

Dance where y'are, just groove y'all.
canada
Commemorative Guitar Picks, Buttons & Magnets - check Marketplace 4 info
wave thumbs up!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #67 posted 06/29/16 4:13pm

maplesyrupnjam

avatar

Cloreen said:

ForeverPaisley said:

.

"3121" is a good album, the others you mentioned were pretty bad. Prince did actually produce some quality work post-"Purple Rain." The twin download albums "Slaughterhouse" and "Chocolate Invasion" were two very good Prince albums. Far, far better than the ones you mentioned: "Musicology," "AoA," and the two "Phase" albums. You've been bamboozled, hoodwinked, took if you think those albums are any good.

Nice subtle trolling abot the post Purple Rain stuff. What's your opinion on Sign O The Times? Genuinely curious.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #68 posted 06/29/16 4:17pm

journalism16

He always mattered and always will.

Erin Smith
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #69 posted 06/29/16 4:19pm

purplethunder3
121

avatar

journalism16 said:

He always mattered and always will.

nod He's relevant to us...and that's the only relevancy that matters.

"Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything." --Plato
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #70 posted 06/29/16 4:22pm

RenaRF

avatar

Cloreen said:



RenaRF said:



.

Or, you're just a troll.

.


No, I am a fan of Prince who actually says things other than, "'If I Was Your Girlfriend' is great."


.


I bring reality here. Yes, "Mountains" was Prince's last great song. Yes, those ass cheek pants was the last time Prince mattered to the public. Yes, Prince was a fool for removing himself from youtube and for releasing download only albums. Yes, "Hypno Paradise" is one of Prince's top ten greatest songs of all time. Yes, the album "Come" is better than the album "Sign O' The Times."


.


I am a real Prince fan. Probably the only one here. I speak truth. Unafraid to say things that may be deemed unpopular. For that I am labelled a troll? OK, from now on I will only post, "'If I Was Your Girlfriend' is a masterpiece." Is that what you all want here. Uniformity? All think alike? God, if that is so, then you sure learned nothing from Prince and his music.


.


.

[Edited 6/29/16 13:50pm]



LMAO.



A rule I have just broken, but dayam. Too funny.
[Edited 6/29/16 16:24pm]
"Everything that's in your heart, come what may
Even though his might get broken" RIP Prince
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #71 posted 06/29/16 4:29pm

Cloreen

avatar

maplesyrupnjam said:

.

What's your opinion on Sign O The Times? Genuinely curious.

.

I have discussed the "Sign O' The Times" album previously at this site and people (after the obligatory "You're a troll" nonsense) agreed with me:

.

- the album would obviously have been better as a single disk

.

- "Parade" is a better album

.

- "Never Take The Place Of Your Man" is ruined because Prince took a perfect three minute pop song and turned it into an endless funeral dirge. I was listening to that song yesterday and it is still playing. My God, when will this song end? Why did he tack on that ridiculous guitar coda at the end? Why did he take the bounciest song he ever created and suddenly bring it to a crashing halt? Why wasn't there a producer around to say, "Prince, what the f..k are you doing? You are ruining this brilliant pop song."

.

- the song "Sign O' The Times" is a masterpiece

.

- but that title song is the only truly great work on the album. "The Cross" is very good; "Hot Thing" and "Forever In My Life" are also very good; "U Got The Look" is better on the 12" version. The rest of the songs on the album are filler and a waste of time.

.

- that horrendous "Adore" should have been replaced with "Crucial" like it was supposed to

.

- the "Sign O' The Times" movie is very, very good

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #72 posted 06/29/16 4:34pm

XxAxX

avatar

Image result for your opinion meme

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #73 posted 06/29/16 4:40pm

maplesyrupnjam

avatar

Cloreen said:

maplesyrupnjam said:

.

What's your opinion on Sign O The Times? Genuinely curious.

.

I have discussed the "Sign O' The Times" album previously at this site and people (after the obligatory "You're a troll" nonsense) agreed with me:

.

- the album would obviously have been better as a single disk

.

- "Parade" is a better album

.

- "Never Take The Place Of Your Man" is ruined because Prince took a perfect three minute pop song and turned it into an endless funeral dirge. I was listening to that song yesterday and it is still playing. My God, when will this song end? Why did he tack on that ridiculous guitar coda at the end? Why did he take the bounciest song he ever created and suddenly bring it to a crashing halt? Why wasn't there a producer around to say, "Prince, what the f..k are you doing? You are ruining this brilliant pop song."

.

- the song "Sign O' The Times" is a masterpiece

.

- but that title song is the only truly great work on the album. "The Cross" is very good; "Hot Thing" and "Forever In My Life" are also very good; "U Got The Look" is better on the 12" version. The rest of the songs on the album are filler and a waste of time.

.

- that horrendous "Adore" should have been replaced with "Crucial" like it was supposed to

.

- the "Sign O' The Times" movie is very, very good

Well, I disagree about I Could Never Take the Place Of Your Man. The coda is fucking brilliant in my OPINION. In my OPINION, I also think that every track on the album is good to great. Crucial, in my OPINION is garbage compared to Adore.

See what I did there. I'm having an OPINION without it being definitive. See? Try and cotton on to the concept my good man.

The Chocalate Invasion. Lolz as the kids say. In my OPINION of course.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #74 posted 06/29/16 4:45pm

Cloreen

avatar

.

Well, if you ever took a writing class you would know that writing "in my opinion" is superfluous. Uhh, of course it is my opinion...I'm doing the writing!

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #75 posted 06/29/16 4:46pm

XxAxX

avatar

Cloreen said:

.

Well, if you ever took a writing class you would know that writing "in my opinion" is superfluous. Uhh, of course it is my opinion...I'm doing the writing!

Image result for your opinion meme

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #76 posted 06/29/16 4:50pm

luv4u

Moderator

avatar

moderator

lock troll fodder

Edmonton, AB - canada
Mod Goddess of the SNIP & BAN Making Moves - OF4S
Ohh purple joy oh purple bliss oh purple rapture!
REAL MUSIC by REAL MUSICIANS - Prince
"I kind of wish there was a reason for Prince to make the site crash more" ~~ Ben
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 3 of 3 <123
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Prince: Music and More > The Last Moment Prince Was Great And Mattered