independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Fri 24th May 2019 4:30am
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Prince: Music and More > 3-disc Rave release coming in March 2019?
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 10 of 10 <12345678910
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Reply #270 posted 03/01/19 10:35am

ChocolateBox31
21

avatar

popcorn

So Prince, whom fought 4 his first record deal & got it, fought 4 a movie deal & got it, fought 4 freedom from his WB contract & got it, fought 4 his masters & got them.Gets a curable illness & says 2 himself ok, I'm done. "Life is a Box Of Chocolates"
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #271 posted 03/01/19 12:47pm

onlyforaminute

Welp, I'm just going to get the whole package and call it a day.

Year of Return 2019
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #272 posted 03/01/19 12:53pm

EmmaMcG

avatar

BartVanHemelen said:



EmmaMcG said:


BartVanHemelen said:


.


"supposedly". Seriously? Why not read the press release from May 2014?



I couldn't be bothered, if I'm being perfectly honest. I have too much to do without researching anything and everything to do with Prince. It's just not that important to me.

.


Ah yes, that's why you're posting here. And replying to my post.



It takes a few seconds to post here. I always have my phone with me so it's not like I have to go out of my way to reply to you or anyone else. I'm a fast texter (is that a word?) so again, it's not much time out of my day to come on here and post. It would take longer for me to go looking up press releases and such when it's really not necessary to get my point across. Besides, the only person bothered by my use of the word "supposedly" was you. And if it means that I've bothered you in any way, well that's a job well done. Stay tuned for next week when I make a thread asking who played bass on some 80s Prince song. You can come on and have a little hissy fit and tell us all how stupid we are for not looking up Princevault before asking such a trivial question. It'll be a nice little confidence boost for you so you can feel superior to someone, anyone, even if it's just for a little while. But don't fret, you won't be waiting long for another orger to ask a similarly trivial question, and you might get lucky and it might be a brand new Prince fan. That way you'll be able to really go to town on them and you'll feel REALLY good about yourself. So good that you might even crack a smile. And not one of those smug little smiles you do when you berate random strangers on the Internet for not caring about little details the way you do, but a real, honest to goodness smile. Perhaps you'll feel happy. Wouldn't that be something? I know it won't last though because pretty soon you'll be back to your miserable self and the cycle will start all over again. But you'll always have that memory. That memory of happiness. I'm rooting for you Bart.

Always. And forever.

Peace, love and all that bollocks,
your friend,

Emma Doyle.

X X X
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #273 posted 03/01/19 2:36pm

embmmusic

avatar

I joined the Prince.org community as a new fan quite a while back when it was just like a mailing list deal with a digest of comments sent via e-mail and I had to leave it due to Bart. I've never been a confident person, even to this day and the constant belittling when you're gushing about something you love is something I couldn't handle. It took a good few years before I felt comfortable coming back and even now my involvement is limited compared to how much I used to post.

Check out The Collector's Guide to Prince on YouTube here: https://www.youtube.com/p...4ldzxwlEuy
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #274 posted 03/01/19 6:32pm

herb4

avatar

EmmaMcG said:

BartVanHemelen said:

.

Ah yes, that's why you're posting here. And replying to my post.

It takes a few seconds to post here. I always have my phone with me so it's not like I have to go out of my way to reply to you or anyone else. I'm a fast texter (is that a word?) so again, it's not much time out of my day to come on here and post. It would take longer for me to go looking up press releases and such when it's really not necessary to get my point across. Besides, the only person bothered by my use of the word "supposedly" was you. And if it means that I've bothered you in any way, well that's a job well done. Stay tuned for next week when I make a thread asking who played bass on some 80s Prince song. You can come on and have a little hissy fit and tell us all how stupid we are for not looking up Princevault before asking such a trivial question. It'll be a nice little confidence boost for you so you can feel superior to someone, anyone, even if it's just for a little while. But don't fret, you won't be waiting long for another orger to ask a similarly trivial question, and you might get lucky and it might be a brand new Prince fan. That way you'll be able to really go to town on them and you'll feel REALLY good about yourself. So good that you might even crack a smile. And not one of those smug little smiles you do when you berate random strangers on the Internet for not caring about little details the way you do, but a real, honest to goodness smile. Perhaps you'll feel happy. Wouldn't that be something? I know it won't last though because pretty soon you'll be back to your miserable self and the cycle will start all over again. But you'll always have that memory. That memory of happiness. I'm rooting for you Bart. Always. And forever. Peace, love and all that bollocks, your friend, Emma Doyle. X X X


Wastin your time. I've tried to help the guy with suggestions of "have you tried NOT being a dick to people?" but I don't think it's in his wheelhouse. Check his post history. All he does is basically call people stupid for not doing whatever he does, knowing what he knows and rag on anything Prince ever did since maybe SoTT or Lovesexy. He's pretty bitter. It's sort of his thing.

Ever been at a party talking about a movie, an actor or a concert you saw and some dude is nursing a craft beer leaning against the wall in a fedora with a goatee, overhears your conversation and dresses you down on who the REALLY cool filmmakers, musicans and artists are, complete with an encycolpedic dissertation on some really obscure shit they know about that you can't believe you never heard/saw/read? He knows his shit but is really obnoxious about letting you know about it to the point that you excuse yourself to go to the bathroom or freshen your drink?

That's this guy. He's real big on the search function too so maybe do that. This board needs an "ignore" button.

On topic:

I've always found it odd how most fans HATE the Rave DVD but almost everyone I've shown it to really digs it. Not sure why it gets so much hate aside from teh production. The music is on point, the set list is fun and there's some cool takes on tracks that are rather worn out. I dunno, I bust it out now and again and think it's the best thing to come from the whole project.






  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #275 posted 03/02/19 12:21am

BartVanHemelen

avatar

embmmusic said:

the constant belittling when you're gushing about something you love

.

Go on, point to what I said in this thread and how any of that is what you describe here. Hint: none of it is, because you made up a lie.

© Bart Van Hemelen
This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties, and confers no rights.
It is not authorized by Prince or the NPG Music Club. You assume all risk for
your use. All rights reserved.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #276 posted 03/02/19 12:23am

BartVanHemelen

avatar

EmmaMcG said:

BartVanHemelen said:

.

Ah yes, that's why you're posting here. And replying to my post.

It takes a few seconds to post here. I always have my phone with me so it's not like I have to go out of my way to reply to you or anyone else. I'm a fast texter (is that a word?) so again, it's not much time out of my day to come on here and post. It would take longer for me to go looking up press releases and such when it's really not necessary to get my point across. Besides, the only person bothered by my use of the word "supposedly" was you. And if it means that I've bothered you in any way, well that's a job well done. Stay tuned for next week when I make a thread asking who played bass on some 80s Prince song. You can come on and have a little hissy fit and tell us all how stupid we are for not looking up Princevault before asking such a trivial question. It'll be a nice little confidence boost for you so you can feel superior to someone, anyone, even if it's just for a little while. But don't fret, you won't be waiting long for another orger to ask a similarly trivial question, and you might get lucky and it might be a brand new Prince fan. That way you'll be able to really go to town on them and you'll feel REALLY good about yourself. So good that you might even crack a smile. And not one of those smug little smiles you do when you berate random strangers on the Internet for not caring about little details the way you do, but a real, honest to goodness smile. Perhaps you'll feel happy. Wouldn't that be something? I know it won't last though because pretty soon you'll be back to your miserable self and the cycle will start all over again. But you'll always have that memory. That memory of happiness. I'm rooting for you Bart. Always. And forever. Peace, love and all that bollocks, your friend, Emma Doyle. X X X

.

Says "I couldn't be bothered", posts 300+ word comment. Yeah, you showed me.

© Bart Van Hemelen
This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties, and confers no rights.
It is not authorized by Prince or the NPG Music Club. You assume all risk for
your use. All rights reserved.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #277 posted 03/02/19 12:46am

EmmaMcG

avatar

BartVanHemelen said:



EmmaMcG said:


BartVanHemelen said:


.


Ah yes, that's why you're posting here. And replying to my post.



It takes a few seconds to post here. I always have my phone with me so it's not like I have to go out of my way to reply to you or anyone else. I'm a fast texter (is that a word?) so again, it's not much time out of my day to come on here and post. It would take longer for me to go looking up press releases and such when it's really not necessary to get my point across. Besides, the only person bothered by my use of the word "supposedly" was you. And if it means that I've bothered you in any way, well that's a job well done. Stay tuned for next week when I make a thread asking who played bass on some 80s Prince song. You can come on and have a little hissy fit and tell us all how stupid we are for not looking up Princevault before asking such a trivial question. It'll be a nice little confidence boost for you so you can feel superior to someone, anyone, even if it's just for a little while. But don't fret, you won't be waiting long for another orger to ask a similarly trivial question, and you might get lucky and it might be a brand new Prince fan. That way you'll be able to really go to town on them and you'll feel REALLY good about yourself. So good that you might even crack a smile. And not one of those smug little smiles you do when you berate random strangers on the Internet for not caring about little details the way you do, but a real, honest to goodness smile. Perhaps you'll feel happy. Wouldn't that be something? I know it won't last though because pretty soon you'll be back to your miserable self and the cycle will start all over again. But you'll always have that memory. That memory of happiness. I'm rooting for you Bart. Always. And forever. Peace, love and all that bollocks, your friend, Emma Doyle. X X X

.


Says "I couldn't be bothered", posts 300+ word comment. Yeah, you showed me.



I did that on purpose. Looks like it went completely over your head. I guess your not as smart as you think you are. A smartarse, maybe. But not smart.

Don't worry though. Read it again and maybe you'll get it. I have faith in you. I know you can do it!

Good luck.
[Edited 3/2/19 0:46am]
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #278 posted 03/02/19 12:48am

embmmusic

avatar

BartVanHemelen said:

embmmusic said:

the constant belittling when you're gushing about something you love

.

Go on, point to what I said in this thread and how any of that is what you describe here. Hint: none of it is, because you made up a lie.

I'm not talking about this thread. Read the rest of the post instead of cherry-picking something out of context in an attempt to make me look disingenuous.

[Edited 3/2/19 0:50am]

Check out The Collector's Guide to Prince on YouTube here: https://www.youtube.com/p...4ldzxwlEuy
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #279 posted 03/02/19 10:25am

CAL3

I'm looking forward to this release. I have never owned a hard-copy of RAVE IN2 and I lost my Rave concert DVD during a move.

.

So I'm pretty excited for this one. And I like the RAVE album a lot, always been highly puzzled by what seems to be a general consensus of extreme dislike for it. Some of my fave P songs are on it.

.

Hopefully this release will reach people who passed on the album the first time. Or are too young to remember its original release.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #280 posted 03/02/19 11:51am

herb4

avatar

CAL3 said:

I'm looking forward to this release. I have never owned a hard-copy of RAVE IN2 and I lost my Rave concert DVD during a move.

.

So I'm pretty excited for this one. And I like the RAVE album a lot, always been highly puzzled by what seems to be a general consensus of extreme dislike for it. Some of my fave P songs are on it.

.

Hopefully this release will reach people who passed on the album the first time. Or are too young to remember its original release.


I feel that way about the NewPowerSould album, It's not a masterpiece but it's pretty fun and funky with 2 real gems on it (COme On and Wasted Kisses). Of all the P albums that get shit on I like it best. Rave never really did it for me but I wouldn't call it total trash either. Just not my style.

That said, I doubt people are really clamoring for this release.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 10 of 10 <12345678910
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Prince: Music and More > 3-disc Rave release coming in March 2019?