independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Tue 19th Mar 2019 8:38am
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Prince: Music and More > Worst Prince Song EVER written??
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 3 of 6 <123456>
Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Reply #60 posted 02/01/19 8:20am

donnyenglish

dodger said:

leecaldon said:

The classic Prince 'worst' tracks that seem to get most attention on here:

Purple & Gold - that's a given

Jughead - obvs bad but decent NPG music

Screwdriver - I like this. 'I'm your driver, you're my screw' - cheesy but funny line

The United States of Division - terrible chorus so yes

Cause & Effect - don't mind it

I'd also add Resolution. My 5 year old could have wrote it

Amazing. Resolution is among my favorite Prince tracks. It is very uplifting. Amzing how we all have vastly different views on some of his work. I think that is further evidence of his genius.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #61 posted 02/02/19 12:00pm

bigbrother

Iโ€™d go for cheesy songs such as The Arms of Orion and Life of the Partyโ€™s lyrics are simply embarrassing
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #62 posted 02/02/19 2:58pm

Musician9

Style, Push, Jughead, My Computer, Purple And Gold, Do It All Night, Joint 2 Joint, Shake!, The Latest Fashion, Lemon Crush, Strange But True, Silly Games, Undisputed, Sex, Hide The Bone, Cloreen Bacon Skin, 2 Whom It May Concern... shall I continue?

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #63 posted 02/02/19 3:17pm

RJOrion

by reading this thread, im convinced Prince was a lousy artist with a bunch of terriblly written songs in his catalog...who knew?
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #64 posted 02/02/19 4:00pm

littlemissG

avatar

Circle of Amour - Beautiful arrangement, start as female friendship story then Turns into teen boy monkey spanking porn. Really Prince?!?!
[Edited 2/4/19 22:13pm]
No More Haters on the Internet.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #65 posted 02/02/19 10:20pm

dplatt

I Rock, Therefore I Am. It was doomed as soon as he picked that abysmal title. And the song totally lived up to how bad the title was.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #66 posted 02/03/19 2:49am

tacomma

dodger said:



leecaldon said:


The classic Prince 'worst' tracks that seem to get most attention on here:



Purple & Gold - that's a given


Jughead - obvs bad but decent NPG music


Screwdriver - I like this. 'I'm your driver, you're my screw' - cheesy but funny line


The United States of Division - terrible chorus so yes


Cause & Effect - don't mind it



I'd also add Resolution. My 5 year old could have wrote it


My 5 year old knows that "could have WRITTEN" (or "could've written") is proper (but gives you credit for not writing "could of wrote"). That being said, as much as I like Resolution, I'd really like to hear other songs your 5 year old has wrote. (Oops)
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #67 posted 02/03/19 6:21am

herb4

avatar

Some of these choices I see come up over and over again but many of them seem to come down to people's dislike of the lyrics, which I can understand but doesn't make for shitty song. Jughead, Poom Poom, Life o the Party, Another Like Me, I Rock Therefore I am, Push, Orion...

Instrumentally, many of these are perfectly fine.

I have a serious hate for Everybody Loves Me but not sure it's his worst.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #68 posted 02/03/19 6:25am

dodger

tacomma said:

dodger said:



leecaldon said:


The classic Prince 'worst' tracks that seem to get most attention on here:



Purple & Gold - that's a given


Jughead - obvs bad but decent NPG music


Screwdriver - I like this. 'I'm your driver, you're my screw' - cheesy but funny line


The United States of Division - terrible chorus so yes


Cause & Effect - don't mind it



I'd also add Resolution. My 5 year old could have wrote it


My 5 year old knows that "could have WRITTEN" (or "could've written") is proper (but gives you credit for not writing "could of wrote"). That being said, as much as I like Resolution, I'd really like to hear other songs your 5 year old has wrote. (Oops)


That was a well wrote (oops) I mean written reply. Your 5 year old obviously has your English comprehension skills.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #69 posted 02/03/19 6:54am

RJOrion

herb4 said:

Some of these choices I see come up over and over again but many of them seem to come down to people's dislike of the lyrics, which I can understand but doesn't make for shitty song. Jughead, Poom Poom, Life o the Party, Another Like Me, I Rock Therefore I am, Push, Orion...

Instrumentally, many of these are perfectly fine.

I have a serious hate for Everybody Loves Me but not sure it's his worst.




well said...Orion was a cheesy song that was out of place on Batman, but wouldve fit on Diamonds & Pearls, or placement on a Disney Movie soundtrack...jughead, life o the party, poom poom, and push have solid beats...Another Like Me and I Rock therefore i Am, are average, but not wack... poom poom vocals are cringeworthy, tho...i actually like Jughead and Life O The Party alot...Pussy Control and Like A Mack are the ONLY Prince songs i hate everything about
[Edited 2/3/19 6:57am]
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #70 posted 02/03/19 9:11am

eyewishuheaven

avatar

littlemissG said:

Circle of Amour - Beautiful arrangement, start as femal friendship story then Turn into teen boy monkey spanking porn. Really Prince?!?!


Yeah, I like the tune too, but underage lesbian 4-ways are definitely pushing it, even for Prince. lol

PRINCE: the only man who could wear high heels and makeup and STILL steal your woman!
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #71 posted 02/03/19 9:32am

TheKid94

avatar

Just off the top of my head:

Shut It Down - Bass solo jams at the end, but the lyrics and delivery make me cringe.

-

Chocolate Box - Loved Discojellyfish, then he made it into a full ass song and decided to "rock the socks" off any girl that comes his way.

-

I Wanna Melt With You - I do love this song, but the "river of blood" lyric is not okay...

prince
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #72 posted 02/03/19 10:33am

modified

OperatingThetan said:

... and 'Jughead' at least, sounded contemporary when it was released.


It didn't. It sounded like Prince trying desperately to be hip and getting it all wrong.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #73 posted 02/03/19 11:06am

pricetag

Musician9 said:

Style, Push, Jughead, My Computer, Purple And Gold, Do It All Night, Joint 2 Joint, Shake!, The Latest Fashion, Lemon Crush, Strange But True, Silly Games, Undisputed, Sex, Hide The Bone, Cloreen Bacon Skin, 2 Whom It May Concern... shall I continue?

No. Obviously. The question was singular.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #74 posted 02/03/19 11:08am

pricetag

littlemissG said:

Circle of Amour - Beautiful arrangement, start as femal friendship story then Turn into teen boy monkey spanking porn. Really Prince?!?!

You say that like Prince was an equivalent to Barry Manilow or something? These ARE the sorts of subjects Prince wrote about!

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #75 posted 02/03/19 11:36am

SoulAlive

"P Control"

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #76 posted 02/03/19 1:20pm

mmart2008

3 chains of gold

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #77 posted 02/03/19 1:37pm

leecaldon

donnyenglish said:

dodger said:

I'd also add Resolution. My 5 year old could have wrote it

Amazing. Resolution is among my favorite Prince tracks. It is very uplifting. Amzing how we all have vastly different views on some of his work. I think that is further evidence of his genius.

Yeah, was always a fan of this. There's charm in its simplicity.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #78 posted 02/03/19 1:38pm

leecaldon

SoulAlive said:

"P Control"

That song was the jam when I was at university.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #79 posted 02/03/19 2:14pm

eyewishuheaven

avatar

pricetag said:

Musician9 said:

Style, Push, Jughead, My Computer, Purple And Gold, Do It All Night, Joint 2 Joint, Shake!, The Latest Fashion, Lemon Crush, Strange But True, Silly Games, Undisputed, Sex, Hide The Bone, Cloreen Bacon Skin, 2 Whom It May Concern... shall I continue?

No. Obviously. The question was singular.


So many people don't get this. When I see someone reply with a list in one of these kind of threads I just stop reading the reply. The whole point is to CHOOSE.

PRINCE: the only man who could wear high heels and makeup and STILL steal your woman!
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #80 posted 02/03/19 10:36pm

TheKid94

avatar

leecaldon said:



SoulAlive said:


"P Control"




That song was the jam when I was at university.



I played this song once at a college bar in the Bronx two years ago to troll a group of dudes who were hogging the jukebox. One of the guys was getting so irritated and kept asking why the song was so long ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
prince
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #81 posted 02/04/19 12:00am

fabriziovenera
ndi

avatar

Loveleft, Loveright

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #82 posted 02/04/19 3:41am

ChocolateBox31
21

avatar

fabriziovenerandi said:

Loveleft, Loveright

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE that song!

My favorite line "The girls of soul like the way my booty goes.THey say these curves deserve another glance come on pretty baby give me a chance".

So Prince, whom fought 4 his first record deal & got it, fought 4 a movie deal & got it, fought 4 freedom from his WB contract & got it, fought 4 his masters & got them.Gets a curable illness & says 2 himself ok, I'm done. "Life is a Box Of Chocolates"
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #83 posted 02/04/19 4:47am

dodger

RJOrion said:

herb4 said:

Some of these choices I see come up over and over again but many of them seem to come down to people's dislike of the lyrics, which I can understand but doesn't make for shitty song. Jughead, Poom Poom, Life o the Party, Another Like Me, I Rock Therefore I am, Push, Orion...

Instrumentally, many of these are perfectly fine.

I have a serious hate for Everybody Loves Me but not sure it's his worst.




well said...Orion was a cheesy song that was out of place on Batman, but wouldve fit on Diamonds & Pearls, or placement on a Disney Movie soundtrack...jughead, life o the party, poom poom, and push have solid beats...Another Like Me and I Rock therefore i Am, are average, but not wack... poom poom vocals are cringeworthy, tho...i actually like Jughead and Life O The Party alot...Pussy Control and Like A Mack are the ONLY Prince songs i hate everything about
[Edited 2/3/19 6:57am]


Yes I've always thought Arms Of Orion was his Disney or even James Bond song.
.
Pussy Control is misunderstood! His funny take on female empowerment with some great lines:
'Pussy got bank in her pocket, before she got dick in her drawers!'
.
'Don't think about calling her a ho, you juvenile delinquent!'
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #84 posted 02/04/19 12:12pm

lynx

Jughead always gets a bad rap in this threads....pun intended.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #85 posted 02/04/19 12:16pm

Chastity

Worst lyrics EVER of any Prince song: Walk in Sand

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #86 posted 02/04/19 12:27pm

andersongs

avatar

Solo
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #87 posted 02/04/19 12:41pm

JediMaster

avatar

Geez...sure are some great tunes being hated on by Prince fans up in here!

(Except "Purple & Gold". Fuck that song.)

jedi

Do not hurry yourself in your spirit to become offended, for the taking of offense is what rests in the bosom of the stupid ones. (Ecclesiastes 7:9)
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #88 posted 02/04/19 4:00pm

rdhull

avatar

The P

sitting like a princess perched in her electric chair
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #89 posted 02/04/19 5:34pm

poppys

Musician9 said:

Style, Push, Jughead, My Computer, Purple And Gold, Do It All Night, Joint 2 Joint, Shake!, The Latest Fashion, Lemon Crush, Strange But True, Silly Games, Undisputed, Sex, Hide The Bone, Cloreen Bacon Skin, 2 Whom It May Concern... shall I continue?


Anybody who doesn't get Cloreen Bacon Skin is missing a whole lot about Prince, and musicians for that matter. That piece of work makes me laugh out loud every time I play it. Your loss.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 3 of 6 <123456>
Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Prince: Music and More > Worst Prince Song EVER written??