independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Tue 26th Mar 2019 9:14am
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Prince: Music and More > Exit Through The Gift Shop
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 03/12/19 4:49pm

TrivialPursuit

avatar

Exit Through The Gift Shop

That was the category on Jeopardy! today. With video footage of guitar pics, the gold prince guitar, the prince mic stand and more, the clue was, "Guitar pics and tote bags at Paisley Park feature this symbol, which combines the male and female gender signs, and was Prince's name for a period of time during a contract dispute."

No one rang in. "What is the love symbol?"

This experience will cover courtship, sex, commitment, fetishes, loneliness, vindication, love, and hate.
http://bit.ly/1D3FG2U
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 03/13/19 7:13pm

Seahorsie

avatar

Obviously no one playing that day was in the fam!!!!!!!

beret

Good morning children...take a look out your window, the world is falling...
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 03/14/19 2:46am

Dandroppedadim
e

The thing is, it didn’t actually have a name! I refer to it as ‘the symbol’ or ‘the prince symbol’, does that mean I would have got it wrong?
Did Prince ever give it a name? I don’t think he did.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 03/14/19 4:04am

iZsaZsa

avatar

Dummies. giggle J/K.

What?
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 03/14/19 5:19am

TrcikyChristop
her

Dandroppedadime said:

The thing is, it didn’t actually have a name! I refer to it as ‘the symbol’ or ‘the prince symbol’, does that mean I would have got it wrong?
Did Prince ever give it a name? I don’t think he did.

In one of the comic books he commissioned, he calls it the Love Symbol. It's trademarked as such.
Interestingly enough, when he and I discussed it years later, he called it the Love Symbol, but referred to the album "Tour De Force". It was never made clear to me on whether that was the unofficial name of the album or whether it was just a description.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 03/14/19 6:41am

dodger

I thought this was going to be about a new song that had leaked.

Or alternate Raspberry Beret lyrics

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 03/14/19 7:03am

iZsaZsa

avatar

dodger said:

I thought this was going to be about a new song that had leaked.

Or alternate Raspberry Beret lyrics

lol!

What?
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 03/14/19 9:40am

Seahorsie

avatar

dodger said:

I thought this was going to be about a new song that had leaked.

Or alternate Raspberry Beret lyrics

LOL. Raspberry berets can be used on any day, covering many emotions, including love, fetishes, etc!

Good morning children...take a look out your window, the world is falling...
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 03/14/19 10:52am

TrivialPursuit

avatar

TrcikyChristopher said:


In one of the comic books he commissioned, he calls it the Love Symbol. It's trademarked as such. Interestingly enough, when he and I discussed it years later, he called it the Love Symbol, but referred to the album "Tour De Force". It was never made clear to me on whether that was the unofficial name of the album or whether it was just a description.


Yeah, anywhere you see it online, it's noted as "Love Symbol album".

IMO, I don't think the prince album was meant to be called Love Symbol. If his name didn't have a pronunciation, then the album didn't either. It was certainly a precursor to the name change. It was just a way for folks to address it.

This experience will cover courtship, sex, commitment, fetishes, loneliness, vindication, love, and hate.
http://bit.ly/1D3FG2U
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 03/14/19 11:44am

benni

avatar

Love Symbol #2.

Here was Love Symbol #1:

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 03/14/19 2:46pm

TrcikyChristop
her

TrivialPursuit said:

TrcikyChristopher said:


In one of the comic books he commissioned, he calls it the Love Symbol. It's trademarked as such. Interestingly enough, when he and I discussed it years later, he called it the Love Symbol, but referred to the album "Tour De Force". It was never made clear to me on whether that was the unofficial name of the album or whether it was just a description.


Yeah, anywhere you see it online, it's noted as "Love Symbol album".

IMO, I don't think the prince album was meant to be called Love Symbol. If his name didn't have a pronunciation, then the album didn't either. It was certainly a precursor to the name change. It was just a way for folks to address it.

Correct, but, he referred to it as "Tour De Force" to me and when I asked him about it, he ignored that part of the question, as he normally would when trying to remain elusive. lol

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 03/14/19 5:00pm

Dandroppedadim
e

Interesting stuff TrickyChristopher, thanks for your insights.
[Edited 3/14/19 17:01pm]
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Prince: Music and More > Exit Through The Gift Shop