independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Tue 12th Nov 2019 1:09pm
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Prince: Music and More > Prince Estate - Thank You, Next....Suggestion
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 1 of 2 12>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 09/12/19 6:54am

JoeyCococo

Prince Estate - Thank You, Next....Suggestion

With the contents of the 1999 set now made public, I think it is obvious the Estate IS listening to us. I want to thank those that listened and decided.

I feel funny suggesting another release considering how lucky we were with Originals and the upcoming 1999 release but, I think the Estate needs to put togehter a live set drawing from different periods in Prince's entire career. The set MUST be multi disc, and must represent his entire career....right to his last tour and show. If you choose to do a periods releases (like Springsteen's 1975-1985 multi disc set)...that would be great too. My main point here is that he recorded everything and a collection like this would go a long away in showing his evolution as a live performer and the amazing effort he put into his shows, arrangements and performances.

Let this be a release you work on now for release next year. Check in with major fans like Michael Dean.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 09/12/19 6:57am

JorisE73

JoeyCococo said:

With the contents of the 1999 set now made public, I think it is obvious the Estate IS listening to us. I want to thank those that listened and decided.

I feel funny suggesting another release considering how lucky we were with Originals and the upcoming 1999 release but, I think the Estate needs to put togehter a live set drawing from different periods in Prince's entire career. The set MUST be multi disc, and must represent his entire career....right to his last tour and show. If you choose to do a periods releases (like Springsteen's 1975-1985 multi disc set)...that would be great too. My main point here is that he recorded everything and a collection like this would go a long away in showing his evolution as a live performer and the amazing effort he put into his shows, arrangements and performances.

Let this be a release you work on now for release next year. Check in with major fans like Michael Dean.


Just release full concerts (including soundcheck and support acts if he played along).
No more compilations please.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 09/12/19 7:00am

Marco81

Welcome 2 America (album)
HITNRUN PHASE THREE (album)
3121/Lotusflow3r movie (DVD)
First Avenue 83 (DVD)
[Edited 9/12/19 7:01am]
[Edited 9/12/19 7:02am]
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 09/12/19 7:32am

lurker316

avatar

JorisE73 said:

JoeyCococo said:

With the contents of the 1999 set now made public, I think it is obvious the Estate IS listening to us. I want to thank those that listened and decided.

I feel funny suggesting another release considering how lucky we were with Originals and the upcoming 1999 release but, I think the Estate needs to put togehter a live set drawing from different periods in Prince's entire career. The set MUST be multi disc, and must represent his entire career....right to his last tour and show. If you choose to do a periods releases (like Springsteen's 1975-1985 multi disc set)...that would be great too. My main point here is that he recorded everything and a collection like this would go a long away in showing his evolution as a live performer and the amazing effort he put into his shows, arrangements and performances.

Let this be a release you work on now for release next year. Check in with major fans like Michael Dean.


Just release full concerts (including soundcheck and support acts if he played along).
No more compilations please.



I'm of the opposite opinion. I don't care at all about the live stuff. I'm much rather have compilations.




  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 09/12/19 7:39am

coldasice

lurker316 said:



JorisE73 said:




JoeyCococo said:


With the contents of the 1999 set now made public, I think it is obvious the Estate IS listening to us. I want to thank those that listened and decided.



I feel funny suggesting another release considering how lucky we were with Originals and the upcoming 1999 release but, I think the Estate needs to put togehter a live set drawing from different periods in Prince's entire career. The set MUST be multi disc, and must represent his entire career....right to his last tour and show. If you choose to do a periods releases (like Springsteen's 1975-1985 multi disc set)...that would be great too. My main point here is that he recorded everything and a collection like this would go a long away in showing his evolution as a live performer and the amazing effort he put into his shows, arrangements and performances.



Let this be a release you work on now for release next year. Check in with major fans like Michael Dean.




Just release full concerts (including soundcheck and support acts if he played along).
No more compilations please.





I'm of the opposite opinion. I don't care at all about the live stuff. I'm much rather have compilations.





That’s insane!!!!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 09/12/19 7:45am

2freaky4church
1

avatar

The piano tour on multiple dvds audio--Australia especially. Obscure studio jams. New songs obviously. Box set of the best from every tour. The Cincinnati 3 hour Purple Rain gig.

All you others say Hell Yea!! woot!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 09/12/19 10:22am

andrewm7

if we are thinking wish lists:
-The acoustic set from the xenophobia celebration
-the house party that ?love mentioned where Prince and Stevie Wonder jammed on Stevie’s back catalogue
-Any of the London after shows from the Parade tour
-the Funk album (or at least the bits of it we don’t have)
-a well thought out and curated Piano and Microphone tour album or film.
-a professionally shot and edited Diamonds and Pearls tour gig.
-the 1984 birthday show film (if more of it exists)

Just a vote of thank you to the powers that be for this 1999 set, it really is appreciated by this old hardcore cool
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 09/12/19 10:56am

trickster

Prince Live

A DVD from every Tour with a soundboard CD of each...

Box Set with all the 25+ DVD's + CD#s + Book with all tourbooks... 500$ +

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 09/12/19 11:03am

rudeboy4711

Dirty Mind Super Deluxe edition would be the next ideal release... especially since next year is the 40th anniversary of Dirty Mind!!! cool
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 09/12/19 11:14am

Rev

avatar

A PRINCE STREAMING SERVICE cool

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 09/12/19 11:17am

Apollo85

Rev said:

A PRINCE STREAMING SERVICE cool

Can you imagine? I dream of an app called "Purple Radio", and you could pick what kind of stream you wanna listen too. A Vault Only Stream, a 70's era stream, 80's era stream, a stream that is soundboards only. My god...

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 09/12/19 11:20am

williamb610

Apollo85 said:

Rev said:

A PRINCE STREAMING SERVICE cool

Can you imagine? I dream of an app called "Purple Radio", and you could pick what kind of stream you wanna listen too. A Vault Only Stream, a 70's era stream, 80's era stream, a stream that is soundboards only. My god...

ONLY IF YOU CAN OWN/DOWNLOAD the music. I'm serious...PRINCE ESTATE! I don't like streaming a damn thing!!!!

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 09/12/19 11:39am

VaultCurator

avatar

If we're doing wish lists can I request a 4CD set of NPG Exodus, digitally remastered along with the two unreleased configurations, lots of remixes, alternate versions and outtakes.

Also if they can fix the audio error in the Sonny segue it wouldn't go a miss.

It's even on the bloody Tidal version?
RIP EXTRALOVEABLE!!! sad
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #13 posted 09/12/19 11:40am

VaultCurator

avatar

Oh, and Extra Loveable
RIP EXTRALOVEABLE!!! sad
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #14 posted 09/12/19 11:42am

Bishop31

avatar

Concert Album/Blu-Ray from every tour that was Pro-Shot/Recorded.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #15 posted 09/12/19 1:23pm

jfenster

andrewm7 said:

if we are thinking wish lists: -The acoustic set from the xenophobia celebration -the house party that ?love mentioned where Prince and Stevie Wonder jammed on Stevie’s back catalogue -Any of the London after shows from the Parade tour -the Funk album (or at least the bits of it we don’t have) -a well thought out and curated Piano and Microphone tour album or film. -a professionally shot and edited Diamonds and Pearls tour gig. -the 1984 birthday show film (if more of it exists) Just a vote of thank you to the powers that be for this 1999 set, it really is appreciated by this old hardcore cool

too bad we wont live long enough to hear or see these

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #16 posted 09/14/19 5:17am

Se7en

avatar

How about a limited-time, standalone 1999 website that houses some video interviews with the band, engineers, etc. You could do a cool animation with the cover art. Maybe play on the "watercolor" art set that Prince has in the LP jacket photo. So much you could do that you can't do on a printed/pressed release.

Maybe also have an exclusive online storefront to download HD music videos and music from that site.

Or, allow people to download Lust U Always and Extraloveable from that site directly - that way it's not part of the "canon" package, but it's out there for the fans?

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #17 posted 09/14/19 5:19am

Se7en

avatar

rudeboy4711 said:

Dirty Mind Super Deluxe edition would be the next ideal release... especially since next year is the 40th anniversary of Dirty Mind!!! cool


I can already picture the silver album cover, which would look stunning as the artwork is already black and white. It would just be black ink on a silver background!

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #18 posted 09/14/19 6:00am

camilleisastar

Would still want Super Deluxe Version of Sign o the times with Blu Ray- would be amazing
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #19 posted 09/14/19 7:17am

SPYZFAN1

I agree with the super deluxe "Dirty Mind" and "S.O.T.T" albums. "Parade" would be cool too.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #20 posted 09/14/19 7:56am

mikeyaddict

avatar

Marco81 said:

Welcome 2 America (album)
HITNRUN PHASE THREE (album)
3121/Lotusflow3r movie (DVD)
First Avenue 83 (DVD)
[Edited 9/12/19 7:01am]
[Edited 9/12/19 7:02am]

+ Black is the new black
+ 3rdeye 2nd album there was a tweet of them adding strings to.
Comin str8 outta Preston...
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #21 posted 09/14/19 8:11am

jaypotton

JorisE73 said:



JoeyCococo said:


With the contents of the 1999 set now made public, I think it is obvious the Estate IS listening to us. I want to thank those that listened and decided.



I feel funny suggesting another release considering how lucky we were with Originals and the upcoming 1999 release but, I think the Estate needs to put togehter a live set drawing from different periods in Prince's entire career. The set MUST be multi disc, and must represent his entire career....right to his last tour and show. If you choose to do a periods releases (like Springsteen's 1975-1985 multi disc set)...that would be great too. My main point here is that he recorded everything and a collection like this would go a long away in showing his evolution as a live performer and the amazing effort he put into his shows, arrangements and performances.



Let this be a release you work on now for release next year. Check in with major fans like Michael Dean.




Just release full concerts (including soundcheck and support acts if he played along).
No more compilations please.



Including support acts would be a royalties nightmare so I doubt that very much.
'I loved him then, I love him now and will love him eternally. He's with our son now.' Mayte 21st April 2016 = the saddest quote I have ever read! RIP Prince and thanks for everything.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #22 posted 09/14/19 8:12am

OnlyNDaUsa

avatar

Marco81 said:

Welcome 2 America (album) HITNRUN PHASE THREE (album) 3121/Lotusflow3r movie (DVD) First Avenue 83 (DVD)

This is in the works... iTunes is making a documentary of the show which will incued the concert. Maybe not on physical... but it will be released.

No one is coming for your abortion: they just want common-sense abortion regulations: background checks, waiting periods, lifetime limits, take a class, and a small tax.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #23 posted 09/14/19 8:19am

Wolfie87

That movie where he have red eyes and chewing bubble gum in front of Susan Moonsie.
[Edited 9/14/19 8:20am]
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #24 posted 09/14/19 8:20am

jaypotton

If the estate are listening then please please please continue with the physical releases. I want a tangible collection.

I love the idea of a comprehensive live concert anthology. At the very least one main concert and one aftershow from each tour Prince undertook (certainly those supporting a specific album).

For practical reasons they could split these (otherwise the set would be HUGE) so perhaps 78-95 and 96-16?

I would definitely buy these BUT for me the next few releases after 1999 super deluxe should be (any order):

Hit N Run 3
Welcome to America
+
For You super deluxe
Prince super deluxe
Dirty Mind super deluxe
Controversy super deluxe
ATWIAD super deluxe
Parade super deluxe
SOTT super deluxe
TBA/Lovesexy super deluxe
+
Originals vol 2
[Edited 9/14/19 8:24am]
'I loved him then, I love him now and will love him eternally. He's with our son now.' Mayte 21st April 2016 = the saddest quote I have ever read! RIP Prince and thanks for everything.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #25 posted 09/14/19 8:23am

OnlyNDaUsa

avatar

Wolfie87 said:

That movie where he have red eyes and chewing bubble gum in front of Susan Moonsie. [Edited 9/14/19 8:20am]

that is "the Second Comming" a little while before, Prince contacted the film maker and bought back the convert footage but NOT the dramatic story elements. But by most accounts there is not much to those shots.

No one is coming for your abortion: they just want common-sense abortion regulations: background checks, waiting periods, lifetime limits, take a class, and a small tax.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #26 posted 09/14/19 8:25am

OnlyNDaUsa

avatar

jaypotton said:

If the estate are listening then please please please continue with the physical releases. I want a tangible collection. I love the idea of a comprehensive live concert anthology. At the very least one main concert and one aftershow from each tour Prince undertook (certainly those supporting a specific album). For practical reasons they could split these (otherwise the set would be HUGE) so perhaps 78-95 and 96-16? I would definitely buy these BUT for me the next few releases after 1999 super deluxe should be (any order): For You super deluxe Prince super deluxe Dirty Mind super deluxe Controversy super deluxe ATWIAD super deluxe Parade super deluxe SOTT super deluxe TBA/Lovesexy super deluxe + Originals vol 2

I would suggest paring some albums with another... like "For You" and "Prince" and "Dirty Mind" and"Controversy"


Black Album with Lovesexy...

No one is coming for your abortion: they just want common-sense abortion regulations: background checks, waiting periods, lifetime limits, take a class, and a small tax.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #27 posted 09/14/19 8:37am

jaypotton

OnlyNDaUsa said:



jaypotton said:


If the estate are listening then please please please continue with the physical releases. I want a tangible collection. I love the idea of a comprehensive live concert anthology. At the very least one main concert and one aftershow from each tour Prince undertook (certainly those supporting a specific album). For practical reasons they could split these (otherwise the set would be HUGE) so perhaps 78-95 and 96-16? I would definitely buy these BUT for me the next few releases after 1999 super deluxe should be (any order): For You super deluxe Prince super deluxe Dirty Mind super deluxe Controversy super deluxe ATWIAD super deluxe Parade super deluxe SOTT super deluxe TBA/Lovesexy super deluxe + Originals vol 2



I would suggest paring some albums with another... like "For You" and "Prince" and "Dirty Mind" and"Controversy"


Black Album with Lovesexy...



TBA and Lovesexy for sure.

Good discussion here on that very topic ... https://prince.org/msg/7/...?&pg=3
'I loved him then, I love him now and will love him eternally. He's with our son now.' Mayte 21st April 2016 = the saddest quote I have ever read! RIP Prince and thanks for everything.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #28 posted 09/15/19 11:33pm

williamb610

trickster said:

Prince Live

A DVD from every Tour with a soundboard CD of each...

Box Set with all the 25+ DVD's + CD#s + Book with all tourbooks... 500$ +

I'd buy it! Gotta have a DVD so we can see the troops in action along with the music!

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #29 posted 09/16/19 12:40am

Krid

Also from my side, a big thumb's up to the estate for the 1999 reissue.

Now, this kind of treatment please also to Around The World In A Day and Parade. I love these albums, and there are lots of great b-sides and outtakes from that era.

Commercially, I think a set with live performances with other artists (Amy Winehouse, Stevie Wonder, CeeLoo Green, Mary J Blige, Alicia Keys...) could do well, probably not that easy royalty-wise

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 1 of 2 12>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Prince: Music and More > Prince Estate - Thank You, Next....Suggestion