independent and unofficial
Prince fan community
Forum jump
Forums > Prince: Music and More > 10 years later: Completely updated list of Chronological Prince Recordings
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 2 of 2 <12
Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Reply #30 posted 11/07/20 3:13am

jn2

BartVanHemelen said:

The first sentence already contains an error.

biggrin

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #31 posted 11/07/20 5:23am

scififilmnerd

avatar

I had forgotten to mark A Place In Heaven #2 as released with a *. I also just corrected the entry for Prince and The Revolution, rehearsal, Flying Cloud Drive Warehouse, 22 July 1986 to:
Around The World In A Day (2:07)
Christopher Tracy’s Parade (3:03)
New Position (2:09)
I Wonder U (3:02)
Raspberry Beret (2:44)
Delirious (1:07)
Controversy (2:36)
Mutiny (2:08)
Life Can Be So Nice (0:23)
Ice Cream Castles/Soul Psychodelicide #1 (59:04) – different from 1989 track of same title

smile

P.S. Thanks to everybody who posted kind words. nutty

[Edited 11/7/20 8:10am]

rainbow woot! FREE THE 29 MAY 1993 COME CONFIGURATION! woot! rainbow
rainbow woot! FREE THE 1994 CHAOS AND DISORDER CONFIGURATION woot! rainbow
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #32 posted 11/13/20 12:42am

BlueShakooo

Cool!!
Thank you very much scififilmnerd!!
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #33 posted 11/17/20 8:38pm

controversy99

avatar

This is awesome. I noticed that for later years, almost everytihng listed was official released. How certain are we that this list is comprehensive? I know that a lot fewer bootlegs of studio music came out post-WB. I sure hope that there are more songs from these years than what we already have.

"Love & honesty, peace & harmony"
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #34 posted 11/18/20 2:30am

67minutes

BartVanHemelen said:

The first sentence already contains an error.

lol

"All you do is suck up food and heat"
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #35 posted 11/18/20 5:29am

thefunkydrumme
r

Holy freaking smokes. This is astounding. Thank you for sharing. I'm gonna bookmark this. I've heard a good amount of his bootlegs, but this just shows me how much more there is for me to discover. And I love the hell out of it.

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #36 posted 11/18/20 6:37am

databank

avatar

BartVanHemelen said:

The first sentence already contains an error.

Then please help and tell Scifi what it is.

With such an amount of data, let alone data that keeps being constantly updated in the light of new knowledge, a project like this one is bond to contain errors. I'm certain my own website also contains errors and omissions despite my best efforts, and complicated as it may be to gather and verify, the data on my project is more stable than the data on Scifi's (new things may be discovered, a release date may appear that wasn't available before, but most of the info about releases isn't going to change, while recording sessions are much less documented and subject to new discoveries all the time).

Yet, giving me or Scifi shit about it without helping isn't something that is acceptable, because we spent a great deal of time doing our best to make these projects as accurate and comprehensive as we can, and we're both happy to correct an error when someone lets us know there is one.

A COMPREHENSIVE PRINCE DISCOGRAPHY (work in progress ^^): https://sites.google.com/...iscog/home
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #37 posted 11/18/20 9:38am

scififilmnerd

avatar

databank said:

BartVanHemelen said:

The first sentence already contains an error.

Then please help and tell Scifi what it is.

With such an amount of data, let alone data that keeps being constantly updated in the light of new knowledge, a project like this one is bond to contain errors. I'm certain my own website also contains errors and omissions despite my best efforts, and complicated as it may be to gather and verify, the data on my project is more stable than the data on Scifi's (new things may be discovered, a release date may appear that wasn't available before, but most of the info about releases isn't going to change, while recording sessions are much less documented and subject to new discoveries all the time).

Yet, giving me or Scifi shit about it without helping isn't something that is acceptable, because we spent a great deal of time doing our best to make these projects as accurate and comprehensive as we can, and we're both happy to correct an error when someone lets us know there is one.

Well, I think he's either suggesting that I didn't write Prince Vs. WB: The Fans Lost or that the chronological list didn't come from me. Either way, I don't care about his opinion. I give credit where credit is due. smile

[Edited 11/18/20 9:45am]

rainbow woot! FREE THE 29 MAY 1993 COME CONFIGURATION! woot! rainbow
rainbow woot! FREE THE 1994 CHAOS AND DISORDER CONFIGURATION woot! rainbow
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #38 posted 11/18/20 9:43am

scififilmnerd

avatar

controversy99 said:

This is awesome. I noticed that for later years, almost everytihng listed was official released. How certain are we that this list is comprehensive? I know that a lot fewer bootlegs of studio music came out post-WB. I sure hope that there are more songs from these years than what we already have.

The list is a work in progress. The list of recordings from 2000-2016 is being overhauled this week with lots of new information supllied by TheSilentMikey. We'll do the nineties nest. biggrin And the list of Unreleased Albums has been severely overhauled thanks to The_Ride. biggrin So check in once in awhile to see what's new. I make comments at the end of each list whenecer I update something. wink

rainbow woot! FREE THE 29 MAY 1993 COME CONFIGURATION! woot! rainbow
rainbow woot! FREE THE 1994 CHAOS AND DISORDER CONFIGURATION woot! rainbow
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #39 posted 11/18/20 11:23am

soladeo1

This is such an AWESOME resource!!!!

I do think, though, that there is A LOT from 1979-81 that we don't know about.

For example, during the DIRTY MIND Era, we only have knowledge of maybe 4-5 songs that have never been released.

I am almost 175% sure that there are A LOT of titles in the Vault that aren't known about just from this era alone...

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #40 posted 11/18/20 5:10pm

controversy99

avatar

scififilmnerd said:

controversy99 said:

This is awesome. I noticed that for later years, almost everytihng listed was official released. How certain are we that this list is comprehensive? I know that a lot fewer bootlegs of studio music came out post-WB. I sure hope that there are more songs from these years than what we already have.

The list is a work in progress. The list of recordings from 2000-2016 is being overhauled this week with lots of new information supllied by TheSilentMikey. We'll do the nineties nest. biggrin And the list of Unreleased Albums has been severely overhauled thanks to The_Ride. biggrin So check in once in awhile to see what's new. I make comments at the end of each list whenecer I update something. wink

Great. Thanks!

"Love & honesty, peace & harmony"
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #41 posted 11/19/20 3:02am

scififilmnerd

avatar

databank said:

we spent a great deal of time doing our best to make these projects as accurate and comprehensive as we can, and we're both happy to correct an error when someone lets us know there is one.

Exactly. hug

rainbow woot! FREE THE 29 MAY 1993 COME CONFIGURATION! woot! rainbow
rainbow woot! FREE THE 1994 CHAOS AND DISORDER CONFIGURATION woot! rainbow
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #42 posted 11/19/20 7:50am

aalloca

avatar

Thank you for the hard work . much appreciated

Music is the best...
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 2 of 2 <12
Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Prince: Music and More > 10 years later: Completely updated list of Chronological Prince Recordings